Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Please Pray For My Family

Dear friend,

 

Many of you are aware that my parents were in a car accident yesterday and are already praying for them. I appreciate your prayers and concern. Joy, the kids, and I were due to fly out on Monday for vacation. Joy and the kids will still be flying out Monday, but I will be flying out of Sacramento at noon today.

 

The story was on the local news at the link below. My dad, who just turned 83, is fortunate that he wasn't more seriously injured. They were hit by some guys who were test driving a Mustang. According to witnesses, they were weaving in and out of traffic and driving at a high rate of speed. My dad, who was making a left turn, said he had plenty of room to make the turn when the car "came out of nowhere." Both of my parents (in the white car) were knocked unconscious by the impact of the crash. The driver of the Mustang that hit my parents was thrown from his car. And all three of the occupants of the Mustang were hospitalized as well.

 

http://arkansasmatters.com/content/news/fulltext?cid=228892

 

The major concerns for my mom right now are a broken c2 vertebrae and symptoms of a brain bleed. For a brief time this morning she didn't know who my sister was and she was talking without making any sense. They are preparing to do an MRI that will tell them more about the strength of her neck and whether or not that requires surgery and it will also reveal in more detail the extent of the bleeding in her brain. My mom is a strong person spiritually, physically, and emotionally which all works in her favor. And my parents’ church has rallied around them in their need.


Please continue to pray for my family. I will let you know more when I get more information.


Warmly in Christ,


Pastor Gary

1 Corinthians 15:58

No comments: