Monday, April 7, 2008

News from Hungary

This blogging stuff is still new to me. I'm still not sure what to say.

Earlier today I read an email from a friend of mine in Hungary. I met him back in 1980 when I spent a year in Hungary doing missionary work. Pishta wrote me to tell me that his mom died. She was 82.

I remember Pishta's parents. They couldn't speak English and my Hungarian was horrible so I really didn't have the patience to try and pursue a conversation with them. I don't know the stories of Pishta's parents, but I know they lived through the years of World War 2 and probably a lot of other hard years I don't know about. I'm sure they could have told me a lot of great stories if I had the wisdom and patience to ask and listen.

I have a lot more appreciation and respect for their generation now, than I did then.

1 comment:

Matt Skinner said...

They truly are wells of wisdom that all to often remain untapped.